lunes, 8 de septiembre de 2014

“Cabin crew prepare for departure. Arm all doors and crosscheck”

My dear you,

Yes, and yet again my absence. For the past months (2 actually) I’ve been listed for my re joining and guess what? I’ve been re positioned to my same grade as I was when I left. Moving back from a city to another is not an easy job. Remember I was in Middle East, then in NYC, then in Argentina and now back again in Middle East. Okay yes, I’m a city rabbit hopper. In less than year and a half I have managed shipping and containers, furniture’s and credit cards, banks and social security numbers as if I was a trainee in Moody’s mixed with a UNESCO part time employee. So once again boxes and sharpies run all over my old room back in my hometown re tagging bags and re organizing my old closet. One of the many things that surprised me was the fact that my old jeans still fit as perfectly as they did when I had my gastro flew when I was 15. Stress much? Well yeah…

Another thing that surprised me is the unusual hesitations that many have to crew that quitted the industry. Some are extremely repetitive while others are totally out of proportion. “No, as far as I know no one has been sucked out of the toilet”, my answer to my very enthusiastic neighbor or “Yes, people die in planes – is very normal” I replied to the brother-in-law of my best friend that by the way he was about to have a cardiac bypass anytime soon (hope he is not chatting with San Peter while you read this).

It has been the ice bucket year, the war year, the too-many-planes are crashing down year but above all it has been the year were the beloved queen of face lifts Joan Rivers departed this earth to laugh next to Robin Williams and get high with Judy Garland. Yes, it has been a year with many tears and less laughter’s. Meanwhile, some still consider that Britney Spears is talented and that planes do not disappear just like that in thin air.

So here I am, my unique jet-setters, my desperate crew with no emotional attachments, my drunk pilots and nymphomaniac pre menstrual pursers.

Okay, what’s next? Briefing:

Each month I’ll be back with my top and worst nationalities to travel with

Cabin crew gossip

Stories-to-tell

So feel free to push the call button to through some critics and punch with phew laughs on the way.

Love to you all.


L



(I don´t own the above picture)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario